Become a CNM Student
Apply & Register for CNM
The step by step process for new students to register and start taking classes at CNM:
- Apply online
You will receive a CNM student ID number or password at the end of your application. Print the page or save your ID number somewhere safe
- Set up myCNM using your CNM ID number and password
- Complete online New Student Orientation in myCNM
- Turn in ACT/SAT to admissions or take the Accuplacer exam if you don’t have these scores.
Visit the Assessment center to take the Accuplacer.
- See an Academic Advisor: call 505-224-3000 for an appointment
The advisor will help you plan your program of study or your class schedule
- Plan your class schedule CNM.edu/schedules
Print class schedule worksheet
• Some classes require prerequisites or corequisites
• Classes are offered at 7 locations around the metro area and online
- Register for classes in myCNM
Under Registration/Grades tab in myCNM. If you have questions see Registration Guidelines
- Pay for classes
You must set up your method of payment within 24 hours of registering for classes. Business hours are 8-5 Monday-Friday.
How to pay for college
- Before/ get ready for class