Tax Help New Mexico
Tax Help New Mexico Information
Tax Help New Mexico is a free service for people whose household income is $54,000 or less or those who are 65 years or older. Tax Help volunteers are certified by the IRS and are trained to help taxpayers identify tax credits for which they're entitled to. Tax Help is operated in partnership between CNM and the United Way of Central New Mexico.
What to Bring
To have your taxes prepared, you must present proper documentation including, but not limited to:
- Tax payer(s) must have a photo ID (driver license, state issued ID, passport, military ID, tribal ID)
- Social Security cards or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for yourself, your spouse, your dependents or anyone else on your return.
- All W-2 Forms
- Form 1095-A or exception number from market place
- All 1099 Forms (Miscellaneous, Interest, Dividends, etc.)
- All 1098 Forms (Mortgage and Tuition Statements)
- Prior Year Tax Return.
Please check the complete list of required documents.
Feel like you can do your own taxes? If you make under $62,000 annually, you can use myfreetaxes.com for free!