- Information Sessions
- Program Brochure
- Fitness Technician, Certificate of Completion
- Gainful Employment & Completion Rate Information
The Fitness Technician Certificate Program is a demanding two-consecutive term program for full-time students.
The program starts in the fall term, with most students graduating after the following spring term.
The major goals of the program
- Prepare individuals to successfully sit for exams to earn nationally recognized certification as personal fitness trainers and/or group exercise instructors.
- Prepare individuals for gainful employment as personal fitness trainers or group exercise instructors in the Health and Wellness and Fitness industries.
The U.S. Department of Labor expects employment of fitness workers to increase 29 percent over the 2008–18 decade, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.*
* Source: United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook.
For current employment data for this program, go here .
Health Status Requirements
All students enrolled in any physical activity course are required to fully and accurately fill out the PAR-Q and You and Preparticipation Screening Questionnaire. Students who fail to do so will not be able to participate in the course until that time all paperwork is filled out completely and to the instructor’s satisfaction. The following individuals are required to have a signed medical release in order to participate in these classes.
1. Females over 55 years of age
2. Males over 45 years of age
3. Any other individuals as required by the instructor.