Services and Resources
General Honors Program: This program offers intensive interdisciplinary studies for qualified students. These courses are taught in a small-group seminar format and emphasize discussion, self-expression, and student participation. In order to qualify for the General Honors Program, students must have successfully completed nine hours of arts and sciences courses, have a 3.2 or higher cumulative GPA, and have earned a B or better in English 1101.
The role of an Achievement Coach is to help you, the student achieve your goals — whether that is to get a degree in Education, Fine Arts, General Studies, or Liberal Arts, or to transfer to a college in state or out of state.
College is a life changing. You Achievement Coach can help with time management, study skills, test taking, and classroom success. They can also help with course selection, career development, and graduation. In short, the Achievement Coach is your coach for school and life — so where are you now and where do you want to go?
The CHSS School Academic Advisor offers holistic advising for students pursuing CHSS majors. Students are encouraged to seek advising to support them in:
- Major and Career Exploration
- Course Planning
- Tracking Degree Progress
- Understanding Institutional Policies and Procedures that Play a Role in Degree Attainment
Students working in partnership with an academic advisor can streamline their path to earning a degree. Call 224-3588 to setup your appointment!
- CNM Scholarships CNM offers a wide variety of scholarships. Each is awarded according to specific requirements and student eligibility.
- Jack Kent Cook Scholarship for students with a 3.5 GPA or higher.
- : This scholarship is for unexpected expenses that may prohibit a student from continuing college. It is for current students. Please contact the CHSS office at (505) 224-3588 for more information.