Veterans Resource Center
Student Services Center,
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
525 Buena Vista SE
Albuquerque, NM 87106
(505) 224-4000 ext. 20456
If you are a veteran, our staff is dedicated to help you succeed at CNM. We connect you with many services and departments found on campus as well as referring you to community-wide resources.
We provide the following services and programs:
- setting up appointments with academic advisors
- registering for class
- understanding your Veterans and GI Bill benefits
- applying for financial aid and scholarships
- requesting transfer credits for previous experience
- finding outside financial resources, housing, food assistance, and book loan programs
- referring you to veterans counseling services and support programs
- access to meet with the VetSuccess Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor
- Food Pantry food assistance program
- LeadershipPlenty civic leadership program
We have a welcoming space for you and your family to relax and enjoy refreshments.
Our programs include experiential learning opportunities where students can participate in hands-on activities while learning how to adapt to college and civilian life.
VetSuccess at CNM
We have partnered with the Department of Veterans Affairs to provide veterans with a VetSuccess Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor.
Our counselor assists all veterans as they transition from the military to civilian and college life. The Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor provides veterans with a variety of services designed to create success at CNM.
Contact us to schedule an appointment with our VetSuccess Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor.
Sky Warriors Program
Our Sky Warriors Program is a great example of support, where veterans work together as a team to learn how to fly a hot air balloon while experiencing Mission, Purpose and Focus. This program is proven to be highly successful to reduce forms of anxiety and PTSD with veterans.
Contact us for more information on the support programs we offer and see the news story to learn more about the program.