Military Grants and Scholarships

Need Help?

If you need help applying for military grants and scholarships, we can help.

SSC 207

(505) 224-4000 ext. 20456



Air Force Aid Society General Henry H. Arnold Education Grant

Children of active duty, reserve, retired, and deceased Air Force members are eligible to apply for these grants of up to $2,000. Each year, several hundred are awarded. Read more information about the Air Force Aid Society General Henry H. Arnold Education Grant.

Coast Guard Mutual Assistance Supplemental Education Grant

Coast Guard personnel, as well as eligible family members, are able to apply for these grants to help with non-tuition, educational expenses. While the $250 grants may not be used to pay for college credits, they can be used to purchase study guides and pay fees for credit-by-exam programs (such as the College Board’s CLEP program). The grants are awarded only once per academic year. Read more about the Coast Guard Mutual Assistance Supplemental Education Grant.

Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant

Administered by the federal government, the Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant program is designed to aid with the education expenses of children with a parent who died serving in Iraq or Afghanistan in the wake of the 9/11 attacks. Read more about the Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant.

My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship

Military spouses who are interested in pursuing a two-year or Associates Degree may be eligible for a MyCAA scholarship for up to $4,000. Read more about the (MyCAA) Scholarship.

Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society Grants

The Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society grants are available to children of Navy or Marine Corps servicemen who died during active duty or after retirement. The grants can be as much as $2,000, and are renewable each academic year. Read more about the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society Grants.


Seabee Memorial Scholarship Association

Children and grandchildren of Seabees qualify for an SMSA scholarship. Seabees are enlisted personnel with a Seabee rating; CEC Officers; or others who have served, or are serving, in a Naval Construction Force (Seabee) unit. Seabees can be active, reserve, retired, deceased or honorably discharged. The applicant must currently be a senior in high school or a high school graduate (The applicant may already be in college). Scholarships are awarded for two or four-year college degree programs only and are not granted for graduate study. Scholarships are awarded based on financial need, scholastic record, citizenship and leadership. Read more about the Seabee Memorial Scholarship Association.

Vietnam Veterans Scholarship

Veterans who have been residents of New Mexico for a minimum of 10 years, served in Vietnam, and were issued the Vietnam Campaign or Service Medal may be eligible. The Vietnam Veteran Scholarship will cover the cost of tuition and required books for the courses that students enroll in.

Applications are available at the following locations:

  • CNM Financial Aid and Scholarship Services, call (505) 224-4VET.
  • Rio Rancho City Hall, 3900 Southern Blvd., Rio Rancho, NM 87124 or call (505) 892-2408.

To request an application be mailed, call the NM Service Commission at the toll free phone number (866) 433-8387 in Santa Fe.