Employee Training Department
“Learning is not attained by chance. It must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.”
— Abigail Adams
If you have forgotten your password or if you have any questions regarding access or training, please contact Human Resources at 224-4600 or email Employee Training.
We’re here for your training needs!
The Employee Training Department at Central New Mexico Community College supports CNM’s Strategic Direction by orienting, training and developing employees. Increasing the knowledge, skills, and essential competencies of employees, fosters employee advancement, organizational efficiency, productivity and demonstrated excellence. Our goal is to fulfill client and stakeholder expectations while maintaining cost effectiveness and consistency with established practices and procedures.
CNM Talent Management
CNM is also committed to ensuring that all employees complete mandatory training in accordance with the requirements of their position, demonstrating ethical employment practice.
Mandatory training is defined as training that is deemed essential for the safe and efficient functioning of the organization and the safety, well being, and effectiveness of individual members of faculty and staff.
Mandatory trainings include:
- Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP)
- Required of Operations and Security staff, as well as employees in some divisions of Health, Wellness and Public Safety. BBP training is required annually
- Accurately Approving Employee Time Sheets (AET) is a mandatory training requirement for any employee at CNM responsible for approving timesheets in myCNM.
- Hazard Communication Standard
- Information Security
- Preventing Discrimination and Sexual Violence: Title IX and the SaVE Act
- Unlawful Harassment Prevention for Higher Education Staff
- NSC Defensive Driving Course 9th Edition
- Due to the high costs for Defensive Driving training and certificates, a request for a Defensive Driving code must be accompanied with an email from your supervisor, indicating that you are required to drive a CNM vehicle to complete your job duties.
- Defensive Driving codes that aren’t used within five days will be assigned to another employee.
- The training must be completed once every three years if you use CNM vehicles.
CNM Campus Safety and Emergency Response
- New Employee Orientation, Phase III
- Required for all regular and limited term full-time faculty and staff