This two-year program is designed to meet the requirements for an Associate of Arts in Communication from CNM and prepare you to obtain a Bachelor of Arts in Communication at University of New Mexico and many other four-year institutions. A variety of program-approved electives provide introductory exposure in Communication Studies. Such exposure can aid you in choosing a four-year concentration best suited to your interests and goals.
Degrees & Certificates
Career opportunities in the field of Communication:
- Copy Writer
- Technical Writer
- Public Relations Specialist
- Market Research Analyst and Marketing Specialist
Explore Career Coach for more ideas.
Once you graduate from CNM, you can transfer your Communication degree from CNM to a four-year university.
- Intercultural Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Mass Communication
- Organizational Communication
Meet with an advisor to learn more about your transfer options.
Consider Taking the Communication Program
Communication can be defined as a process through which people create and share meaning. The field of communication studies teaches you how to:
- Demonstrate communication competence with diverse audiences in multiple contexts to achieve intended goals.
- Critically analyze communication elements of processes and messages in various contexts and relationships.