Dual Credit - The Best Deal in Town
To Qualify for the Dual Credit Program, You Must
- Be currently enrolled as a high school sophomore, junior or senior at a public, private or charter high school.
- Be at least 15 years of age if home-schooled.
- Have proof of current high school or home school enrollment.
- Have ACT, SAT or Accuplacer scores on file at CNM.
- Have not already received a high school diploma or high school equivalency credential (GED or HiSET).
Why Should You Consider Dual Credit?
Savings are only the first of many benefits. The Dual Credit program allows you to
- Prepare for certification in a variety of career fields
- Earn an associate's degree
- Meet high school graduation requirements if attending public school
- Complete General Education courses for transfer to four year institutions
- Enjoy smaller classes and personalized attention from faculty
- Enrich your life by exploring programs not available at your high school
- Meet new friends who share your interests
Cost of Dual Credit
Sophomores, juniors, and seniors at any public, private or home school in the greater Albuquerque area can get a jump start on college by taking 1000-level and above classes at CNM — and tuition and registration fees are waived! *Dual Credit students only pay course fees & uniform costs (if required).
Earn Elective Credits at the Same Time
- For every CNM credit hour you will receive .33 high school elective credits.
- For example, if you take a 3 credit CNM course, you will earn 1 high school elective credit.
- You can enroll in up to 18 credits each term.
Find out about deadlines and events and get more information about CNM's high school programs.
More Questions or Concerns?
Email us or call (505) 224-3352.