Entrance Counseling Information Sessions
First time CNM loan borrowers must attend an in-person entrance counseling session.
Sessions begin the week of January 4, 2016 to April 21, 2016 for the Spring 2016 Term.
Thirty minute sessions are offered weekly at multiple campuses, on multiple days and times.
Main Campus - Jeanette Stromberg (JS) 208
- Wednesdays 10am-10:30am
- Thursdays 3pm-3:30pm
Montoya Campus - H126
- Tuesdays 10am-10:30am
Westside Campus - WS1 Room 310
- Wednesdays 2pm-2:30pm
- Complete your FAFSA
- To receive a student loan, you must be enrolled in 6 credit hours. Congress also establishes loan limits that may be prorated depending on your student classification.
- If you are a first time borrower, you will need to complete the Entrance Counseling and sign a Master Promissory Note.
- If you qualify for a Subsidized Stafford Loan, you may borrow up to $3,500 per year as first-year student and $4,500 per year as second-year student.
Student Loan Types
The Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans, Nursing Student Loans for Service and Federal PLUS loans all require separate applications.
Learn more about each type of student loans:
- Subsidized Stafford Loan
- Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
- Federal Perkins
- Federal Parent Loans for Undergrads (PLUS)
- Nursing Student Loan-for-Service