Higher Degrees Earned

Higher Degrees

Faculty who complete a higher degree should contact the Human Resources Department to update the following:

  • HR personnel file
  • Compensation rate to correspond with the higher degree

Transcripts must be turned into HR prior to the start of the term.

  • Pay increases are effective the following term
  • If HR receives a higher degree from a faculty member, the academic school(s) will be contacted

 Degree equivalency:

  • Doctorate, MFA, CLS
  • MA, MS
  • BA, BS, AA, AAS, and Certifications

If a degree is in question regarding the status of being a terminal degree or not, contact Human Resources so that the degree is evaluated and proper pay is established.

Submit your transcript electronically at

Mail in official transcripts to: CNM Human Resources; 525 Buena Vista Dr. SE; Albuquerque NM, 87106