Financial Aid & Scholarship Services
Contact Us: (505) 224-3090
Tuition & Cost
Financial Aid Information
Apply for Financial Aid
CNM Title IV School Code: 004742
The CNM Financial Aid Priority Date is May 1.
- Apply for 2014-2015 Financial Aid
Fall 2014, Spring 2015, Summer 2015
- Financial Aid Forms
Forms needed to apply for financial aid
- Request a Financial Aid Staff Member
- Financial Aid Presentation
- You can check your financial aid status at any time by signing into your myCNM and clicking on the financial aid tab
Set up Direct Deposit
Financial Aid Information
- Limits to loan awards beginning Fall 2013 (pdf)
- CNM disburses Financial Aid funds based on students' attending hour status.
- Students will be paid after classes start.
- Financial Aid checks are given out on a specific day each term, the Financial Aid Disbursement Date.
- Waitlist classes do not count as enrolled hours. There will be no financial aid deferment or disbursement for waitlisted classes.
- Financial Aid Checks not picked up on Check Release (Disbursement) day will be mailed within 1-3 business days. Learn more about it.
Financial Aid Disbursement
Financial aid checks are given out on a set date each term and again every Friday thereafter. It is important to bring a CNM or other state-issued photo ID to pick up a Financial Aid check. Disbursement takes place at the Main, Montoya and Westside campuses only at the Cashier's office. If the majority of your credit hours take place at the Montoya campus or at the Westside campus, your check will be there. Otherwise, it will be at the Main Campus.
There are several reasons funds may be different than expected. For example,
- Students are generally paid three (3) weeks after a short term class starts
- Ineligible courses are not paid for
- Tuition/fees and Bookstore charges are taken from the disbursement
- Students are paid the full amount of Pell for 12 or more financial aid eligible courses; 9-11 credits = 3/4 of the full amount, 6-8 credits = half of the full amount. Actual amounts can be seen at the bottom of your class schedule
2014-2015 Financial Aid Fund Release Dates:
Fall 2014 - Check Release September 19, 2014
Direct Deposit September 17, 2014
* Every Friday thereafter *
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
2014-2015 Financial Aid Fund Release Dates... Coming soon
Main Campus – Student Services Center, Cashiers Office, Room 106 & Cafeteria
Montoya Campus - Tom Wiley Hall, Room 104
Westside Campus - WSII Building, Room 104-C
About Financial Aid
Although primary responsibility for educational costs rests with the student and his or her family, CNM, the federal government and the State of New Mexico all contribute to assist students pursuing a higher education. Students applying for Financial Aid should complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).