Emergency Medical Services
Kyle Cole ext. 50316
ALS Level Coordinator
Rebekah Moskowitz ext. 50131
Joy Cherry ext. 50935
Beth Richardson ext. 50782
Jessica Medrano ext. 50253
Community EMS Program Coordinator
Sean Haaverson ext. 50811
Degrees and Certificates
Interested in Becoming an AEMT or EMT Paramedic?
Due to limited seating, the following programs require that you complete a screening process before registering for classes in the program via Coordinated Program Entry:
- Emergency Medical Services—Intermediate Concentration (AEMT)
- Emergency Medical Services—Paramedic Concentration
- Community Paramedic
To learn more about the screening criteria and deadlines, visit the Coordinated Program Entry.
About the EMS Program
The goal of the EMS program is to prepare competent entry level Emergency Medical Technician Paramedics in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains, with or without exit points at the Emergency Medical Technician Intermediate, and/or Emergency Medical Technician Basic, and/or First Responder levels.
- EMT Basic Students: A list of pre-course compliance requirements.
- EMS Program Assessment Outcomes: View the EMS Program Assessment Outcomes.
Everyone needs additional time with skills in the lab setting! Both supplemental skills labs are designed for all EMS students to gain extra practice time in the classrooms and lab rooms with EMS equipment and access to an instructor. Sign up soon as these courses fill up! EVERYONE needs extra practice! The course numbers are:
- EMS 1092: for EMT Basic Students as well as First Responder students to gain skills practice in the EMS lab rooms with an instructor.
- EMS 2092 : For Advanced EMT students and Paramedic students to gain skills practice in the EMS lab rooms with an instructor.
You may want to consider the educational services of other EMS Programs for EMT-Intermediate opportunities, to include:
- EMS Academy (UNM): (505) 272-5757
- Santa Fe Community College (SFCC): (505) 428-1820
- Eastern NM University: Roswell (ENMU): (575) 624-7359
- Dona Ana Community College (DABCC): (800) 903-7503
Credit for Prior Learning (CPL)
If you have a valid NM EMS license or NREMT certification, you can receive credit for courses in the Emergency Medical Services program by filling out the following form: