Reverse Transfer

If you are enrolled at the University of New Mexico, you can transfer your credits toward an associate degree at CNM.

Request Your Transcripts

CNM will request a formal transcript from the University of New Mexico (free of charge) and use it to assess your degree eligibility.

If you are visiting this site to grant CNM the opportunity to assess your academic credits earned at UNM and CNM, please contact Eugene A. Padilla at 224-4720.

If you attended both CNM and the University of New Mexico (UNM), you may be eligible to receive an associate degree with the combined credits you have earned from both schools.

If you are interested in reverse transfer, you should submit an authorization form.

Learn more about transfer credit at CNM.


You are eligible for reverse transfer if:

  • You earned at least 30 credits from CNM and at least 60 credits total, including coursework completed at your university.
  • You transferred from CNM to a participating four-year college or university.

Take Advantage of Reverse Transfer

You can use reverse transfer to receive your associate’s degree while earning your bachelor’s degree. When you apply for jobs and internships, you can show your experience by listing both associate’s and bachelor’s degrees on your resume.

If you need a break from completing your bachelor’s degree, you can still demonstrate to potential employers your academic achievements with an associate’s degree. Having your associate’s degree makes it easier to re-enter and continue college in the future.