High School & Dual Credit Programs
Become a Dual Credit Student
Visit our Steps to Becoming a Dual Credit Student for application instructions and to register for classes.
Ready? Apply now as a Dual Credit student.
Please see our frequently asked questions.
Email or call us at (505) 224-3352.
Theoffers free classes* for students in central New Mexico attending a public, private, charter, or home school.
High school students can take college-level classes and get a jump start on a certificate or degree. Under the Dual Credit program, tuition and registration fees are waived (*students are responsible for course fees and uniforms, if required).
Dual Credit Program Requirements
- You must be enrolled at your home high school at least half time.
- You must show that you have met course prerequisites by submitting ACT or SAT scores at a CNM Admission Office or by taking CNM's Accuplacer Assessment to test for college-level course placement.
- To receive dual credit, you must take college-level courses numbered 1000 or higher. Fitness courses are excluded from the Dual Credit program.
- You cannot audit CNM Dual Credit courses.
Private School Students
- Private school students are eligible for Dual Credit starting their sophomore year.
- Your high school may cover the cost of your college textbooks. If not, you will need to purchase the required books. Find out more about CNM’s bookstores.
- Private school students who do not have a state-issued student ID number, will need to contact Dyanne Salazar at Dyanne.Salazar@state.nm.us or (505) 476-8441 and provide the following information: First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Ethnicity, Current Grade Level
Home School Students
- Home school students ages 15 to 18 are eligible for Dual Credit.
- Students will need to show home school registration with the New Mexico Public Education Department.
- Students will be responsible for the cost of textbooks.
- Home school students who do not have a state-issued student ID number, will need to contact Dyanne Salazar at Dyanne.Salazar@state.nm.us or (505) 476-8441 and provide the following information: First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Ethnicity, Current Grade Level
Students interested in appealing the Dual Credit grade/age restriction, read more.
Benefits of the Dual Credit Program
- Take the classes needed for an undergraduate degree.
- Begin a career program or explore new interests.
- Sign up for courses weekdays, weekends, evenings, or online.
- Choose from hundreds of CNM classes taught by CNM faculty.
- Take courses at any CNM campus, through distance learning, or one of the programs offered at a local high school.